ImportNEWS

MBI Full-Board Meeting

Pertinent matters discussed and resolved at the August Ipoh City Council (MBI) Full-Board Meeting held on Friday, August 28:
Income and Expenditure
Revenue Generation. Of the RM182.3 million budgeted for 2015, the Council, as at the end of May, generated revenue worth RM165.9 million.
Revenue Collection. A sum of RM124.4 million was collected in the month of July, an increase of six per cent over the same period last year.
Expenditure. The council has spent RM90.4 million of its projected budget. This figure represents an increase of RM3.4 million over the same period in 2014.
Complaints
From January 1 till July 31, the Council has received a total of 18,908 complaints. Of the number, 18,097 complaints (95.7 per cent) have been resolved. The remaining 811 complaints (4.3 per cent) are still being processed by the Council.
Car-free Day
The Council plans to promote a healthy-lifestyle by introducing a car-free day in the city by the end of September or early October. The aim is to encourage people to walk, cycle or jog on the car-free days.
Three locations within the city have been identified. They are part of Jalan Raja DiHilir (Jalan Tambun), Sultan Abdul Aziz Recreational Park (Polo Ground), Old Town and Greentown Business Centre.
The Council is currently engaging with the residents to get feedback. The programme will be held once a month initially and will be extended if found appropriate. It will be a three-hour period from 7am to 10am on a Sunday.
Nantini
 

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close