By Peter Lee
Rockwills International Group is an integrated group of companies offering Professional Will-Writing Services, Will Custody Services, Trustee Services and Financial Planning Services. Launched on August 23, 1995, Rockwills has a team of trained Professional Estate Planners (PEP) who can visit you at a place convenient to you to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
As an independent company, Rockwills has a strong financial backing with assets over RM10 million, with reputable board members and more than 23 in-house legal advisors specialising in estate planning. It has over 3,000 PEPs nationwide. Since its establishment in 1995, it has helped more than 100,000 people in making their wishes come true by helping them to protect their assets and loved ones through a will. Rockwills has also expanded to Singapore providing similar services and additional services such as incorporation of offshore Companies and offshore Trusts.
In addition, its subsidiary, Rockwills Trustee Bhd which started operations in 2006 undertakes all types of trustee businesses allowed under the Trust Companies Act, 1949, ranging from estate administration, private trust services to corporate trust services. Since 2006, Rockwills Trustee Berhad has been appointed as executor and trustee for more than 25,000 wills. It has also been appointed as trustee for more than 1,000 private trusts and is currently trustee for several memorial parks in West Malaysia and East Malaysia.
Rockwills Trustee Berhad offers various trustee services including:
- Will Custodian for safe keeping of the will from intentional and unintentional destruction, loss and tampering by third parties.
- Professional Executorship where the company as a trustee company can act as the executor or administrator of the estate.
- Estate Administration for testate and intestate estates.
- Trustee for Insurance Trust where it will ensure that the insurance proceeds are received by the intended beneficiaries and used by them for the intended purpose set-out by the client.
- Trustee for Business Value Protection where the value of the client’s business interest is protected when his business interests is sold to the remaining business owner upon the client’s death, disability and other events where he is no longer able to manage the business.
- Trustee for Asset Protection, where the trust is created to protect assets from creditors claim, spendthrift beneficiaries and certain events where the assets may fall into the wrong hands.
- Trustee for Charitable Trust, where the trust fund is dedicated wholly to be used for various charitable activities to benefit the public, such as relieving the poor and the needy for medical assistance, advancement of religion, building of schools, etc.
- Trustee for Declaration of Trust, where the trust assets are in the control of the client as trustee and Rockwills Trustee is the substitute trustee to continue with the trust.
- Trustee for 3G Family Biz, where it is designed to ensure the continuation and succession of a family business to be managed by family members or professionals.
- Trustee for Special needs children, where the trust fund is used to provide for the maintenance and medical needs of the special needs child during his lifetime.
Over the years as a Professional Estate Planner, I am privileged to be associated with Rockwills because they have provided me with strong support in my challenging journey of giving the best service to my client and ensuring that wishes are fulfilled through a well written will and trust.
Peter Lee is an Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (Wills & Trust) with Rockwills International Group. He is also an Islamic Estate Planner providing Wills & Trust services for Muslims. He is based in Ipoh and can be reached at: 012-5078825/05-2554853 or email@example.com.