(Courtesy of the Dietetics Department of Hospital Fatimah, Ipoh)
4 cloves of garlic – blend finely
5 red chillies (deseeded)
50g dried chillies – blend
500g chicken without skin
1 big red onion (cut into rings)
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise seeds
2 pandan leaves
70g Canola Oil
1. Heat the wok thoroughly and pour in the cooking oil.
2. Add the spices, onions and pandan leaves and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add (A) and sauté until brown.
4. Add (B) and combine well.
5. Add some water and minimum salt and sugar to taste. Sauté until well combined and add the tomatoes.
6. Once the tomatoes have softened slightly, add the chicken and onion rings and let it simmer for 20 mins or until the sauce has thickened.
Nutritional value per serving: