By Margarita Lee
2 Salmon steaks
Pinch of salt and pepper
3 tbsp cooking oil
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
3 tbsp Mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine )
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Sake (Japanese rice wine)
1 tsp Japanese vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and pat dry Salmon, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the fish.
- Mix ingredients (B) in a bowl.
- Heat pan with oil, pan fry both sides of the Salmon steak until golden brown. Dish out when colour is achieved.
- Remove excessive cooking oil from pan; pour in ingredients (B).
- Let it simmer until the sauce is bubbling, it should slightly thicken.
- Put the Salmon back in the pan; to coat the fish with the sauce. Flip the salmon steak over to evenly distribute the sauce.
(Note: Do not overcook the fish; it takes about 1 minute for each side of the fish.)