By Shanthi Ganeshan
6 eggs – hard boiled
2 tablespoons butter
2 sandwich cheese slices grated.
Salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients B for decoration:
Small piece of carrot cut into thin triangles about ½ inch in length – 24 pcs
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup water
Salt to taste
Small bunch of fresh parsley
- Bring to boil the vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a small saucepan. Add the cut carrot & cook for 3 minutes (don’t let it discolour). Remove from fire, cool and drain. Discard water.
- Use a sharp knife and cut each egg length wise into 6 equal wedges. You should get 24 pcs. Scoop out the yolks. The whites should resemble boats.
- Use 4 yolks and add in all the ingredients A and mash to a soft creamy paste.
- Scoop teaspoons of the cream and fill the egg whites or use a piping cone and pipe in the cream.
- Decorate with carrot sails and a pinch of parsley leaves. Place in the refrigerator to chill before serving.