By Margarita Lee
2 Tbsp soya bean paste
20 dried chillies – roasted and coarsely blended
1 Tbsp red peppercorns (Szechwan pepper or Mah Lat) – roasted and coarsely blended
3-4 slices ginger
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine
2 star anise
1 stick cinnamon
3 sprig of spring onion
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
300 ml water
Salt and sugar to taste
- Place chicken feet into a pot of rapidly boiling salted water, blanch for 5 minutes and drain well.
- Heat oil in wok, deep fry chicken feet until golden brown. Remove the chicken feet from the oil and soak in a bowl of cold water for about an hour.
- Drain the chicken feet and set aside.
- Remove excess oil from wok and sauté (A) until aromatic.
- Add in chicken feet, ingredients (B) stir well and add water, simmer chicken feet with the lid on until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and simmer chicken feet until sauce is reduced, add in the sesame oil, salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve hot.