By Margarita Lee
- 2 cups cold White Rice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 large Eggs – lightly beaten with salt and pepper
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- ½ small Onion, finely diced
- ½ cup Kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage), cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Mirin (sweet rice wine) – optional
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, cut finely
- ½ Chili, cut thinly
- 3-4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Heat wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Stir briskly until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté garlic and onion until aromatic. Add in Kimchi, fish sauce, Mirin and stir quickly before adding rice. Stir well to combine.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in pepper and sesame oil. Garnish with spring onion and cut chilies. Serve hot.