The Perak Women for Women Society (PWW), based in Ipoh, Perak is a non-governmental organisation that provides services and support to women in crisis, empowers women through education and skills training and undertakes activities to promote a culture of respect. As part of our expansion plans, we have a vacancy for the following position.
Administration and Programme Officer
The Administration and Programme Officer reports to the PWW Council members for guidance and supervision and is responsible for managing the timely and effective delivery of a whole range of administrative services as well as organising and implementing the various activities and programmes run by PWW.
- attend to overall general administration work at the PWW Centre;
- assemble material and provide written and oral responses to requests from the public as well as from the PWW Council members by telephone, electronic or post mail;
- coordinate and administer PWW’s activities and programmes e.g. awareness, publicity and educational programmes;
- monitor, document and research advocacy work on women’s issues; and
- coordinate and write PWW’s bulletin
- a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Humanities/Psychology is an asset but is not necessary for those with previous work experience, especially in the educational and/or healthcare sectors;
- good written and verbal communication skills in Malay and English;
- have an interest, aptitude and passion for empowering women.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are to email their applications to:
Closing date: 31st May 2012