By Pauline Chang
- 1 Lenggong Kampong Chicken – 3kg
- Water – one pot just enough to cover chicken completely
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- ½ tbsp. Rock Sugar
- 1 pc (thumb size) Ginger – smashed
- 1 stalk Spring Onions
Garlic-Ginger Paste (B):
- 150g young Ginger
- 15 pcs Garlic
- 5 pcs Shallots
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Some Cekor (‘lesser galangal’)
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
Blend (B) and fry with oil till aromatic.
- Blend together:
- 10 pcs Red Chillies
- 5 pcs Chili Padi
- 3 inches young Ginger
- Lime Juice to taste
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Put (A) inside cavity of chicken.
- When water boils, add in chicken
- Turn off heat and let chicken immerse in the water for 20-30 mins till cooked.
- Place chicken in a pot of tap water to cool (10 mins). Drip dry.
- Chop into pieces and place on plate.
- Serve with soya sauce, onion/sesame oil, garlic-ginger paste (B) and chilli sauce.
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp