Tag Archives: electrical fire

Fire Guts Home

Share

On the night of Saturday, August 25 at around 9pm an electrical malfunction set ablaze the home of widow Roshayati Abdullah, 43, and her family. The house was located in the centre of Sitiawan behind the mosque.

The blaze could be seen from a distance, as the smoke billowed into the night sky. The fire department was alerted and the firemen worked relentlessly for over two hours before the flames were completely put out.

Roshayati has three children and a grandson. The fire victims were visibly shaken, as the house was completely burnt down. The family fell into hardship after the father developed renal failure and died.

Political parties’ officials and some good Samaritans are mobilising relief aid for the family. A representative from the District Welfare Department also provided some rations and temporary accommodation.

Members of the public who wish to contribute towards the welfare of the family may contact Roshayati’s son, Raja Ahmad Aizat, 21, at 012-5091394.

Sharm