By Margarita Lee
600g medium size prawns
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
½ tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
Sugar and salt to taste
1 tbsp peanut candy for garnishing
1 cup cooking oil
- Devein the prawns leaving shells and heads intact. Wash and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok, deep fry prawns until cooked. Drain prawns and set aside. Dish out oil; keep 3 tbsp in the wok.
- Combine mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce in a bowl.
- Heat up about 3 tbsp of prawn oil, add in the combined sauce.
- Bring sauce to boil over high heat, add in prawns and stir well.
- Dish out prawns, garnish with peanut candy. Serve immediately.