COMMUNICATING, CARING AND CO-CREATING – A VOICE FOR, OF AND BY THE PERAK COMMUNITY
- Showcase the proud heritage that is Perak
- Encourage greater pride and involvement in the community by raising awareness of its residents to its activities, its local heroes and success stories.
- Promote the use of English as the language of commerce
- Be the Most Sought After and Most Widely Read English language paper in Perak for local news, views and happenings.
- Become THE local source of information on what, where, whom, how and when of issues, events and activities in Ipoh and its surrounds.
- Inculcate a sense of involvement in the community through articles.
- Create a sense of pride in being Perakean.
- Remove apathy and bond the community.
- To create a flurry of interest in and around Ipoh.
- Engender a spirit of rejuvenation in the community.
English speaking, middle class, and concerned citizens of Perak.
For the Community
- Provide Visibility to Ipoh and Perak
- Act as a platform for exchange of local information
- Address local issues
- Discussion board for local problems and suggest solutions
- Educating community in local history and heritage
- Lobby for improvement of quality of life
- Report and comment on Local Council and State Assembly policies and decisions
- Report and comment on other issues of public concern that affect the local community
- Report and comment on Conservation and environment issues
- Addressing social problems
- Promote investment
- Promote education
- Promote knowledge
- Promote Tourism
Of the Community
- Voice of NGOs
- Local Businesses
- Local Events
- Local Personalities and Obituaries
- Business organisations
- Associations and guilds
- Tourist destinations
- Human interest stories
- Local Ipoh food and restaurants
By the Community
- Editorial staff
- Letters to editor
- Guest journalists
- Leaders of the community
- NGO leaders
- Business organisation leaders