Served with Garden Salad and Aged Balsamic
Recipe by Chef Simon Lee @ Citrus
- Foie Gras – Cut into 80 g x 4 pieces
- 2 White Peaches – stone removed and cut into half
- 120g Baby Greens
- A pinch Five Spices Powder
- 20g Butter
- 20g Brown Sugar
- Cherry tomatoes
- Star Anise
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Season foie gras with salt and pepper.
- Rub the white peach with five spices powder and brown sugar.
- Sear the foie gras in a hot pan for approximately 2 minutes on each side or till it turns crispy outside and moist in the inside. Remove foie fras from pan.
- Put the white peaches in the pan with the butter and caramelise it.
- Arrange baby greens on plate.
- Put foie gras and peach in the centre of the plate.
- Garnish with the above and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Drizzle the extra virgin oil and aged balsamic vinegar on the salad.