Operating hours: 7am-4.30pm
Closed: mid month for 2 to 3 days.
Another popular haunt, one cannot miss this coffee shop near the Paragon Hotel. Just follow the trail of cars parked along the road. It opens for breakfast but some stalls start later for lunch; best to go early.
Here are some to try:
- Fried Noodles – their Dai Luk Meen (RM4.50), according to our ‘expert’, this may be one of the best (if not the best) in Ipoh. They also do Fried Rice (RM4) and other noodles.
- Beef Noodles – recommended with lots of ‘spare parts’ (innards). RM7.60 for the works.
- Turf Club Laksa, one of the mainstays of the coffee shop, has Siamese Laksa and Asam Laksa – recommended. They start at 12pm and close on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Lou Kai Fan (braised chicken rice) is recommended and there is also Chicken Rice and Chicken-pork Rice. Prices start from RM3.50.
- Curry Mee at RM4 is good, so is the Pork Noodles (RM4) and Chicken Wine Noodles (RM6).
- The White Coffee can give any reputable coffee shop a run for their money – RM1.60 for hot and RM1.80 for ice.
There is also: Jawa Mee, Pan Mee and Chee Cheong Fun.