US-based Davis Phinney Foundation and Perak Parkinson’s Association are partnering to produce a best-in-class educational event for people living with Parkinson’s: The Victory Summit Symposium.
The day of information and inspiration featuring dynamic presentations from leading movement disorder neurologists and therapists from around the world will be held on Sunday, October 11 at Casuarina@Meru Hotel from 8.30am to 4pm (lunch included and trained helpers would be there to provide assistance). It is expected to draw a crowd of around 1000.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn a range of techniques for effective self-management of non-motor symptoms, emotional well-being, exercise, sleep, fall prevention, speech and voice.
It’s an upbeat, fast-paced event of community and connection, filled with laughter and conversation. You will leave feeling motivated and armed with tools to help you be more involved in your own treatment and to improve your quality of life.
Both organisations are dedicated to improving quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s. “This is a first time in Malaysia and even Asia,” Samuel Ng, the President of Perak Parkinson’s Association highlighted during its press conference recently. “UniKL Royal College of Medicine is our corporate community collaborators,” he added.
Registration Categories and Fees:
- Physician / Clinical Researcher / Neuroscientist / Pharmaceutical Industry members – RM200
- Nurse / Physical Therapist / Speech Language Pathologist / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker / Non-profit worker – RM60
- Student / Post Doc / Others – RM60
- Person with Parkinson’s OR Care Partner – RM60
- Household – Person’s with Parkinson’s & Care Partner (Discounted) – RM100
- Pharmacists would be awarded 6 CPD points while nurses would get 10 CPD points.
For more details and to register, visit www.davisphinneyfoundation.org/VSMalaysia or call 05 545 5610 (Terry Wong)/ 012 557 1682 (Samuel Ng).