24 September 2017
7am @ Polo Ground
The Dementia Society Perak is organising ‘Memory Walk 2017’ in conjunction with The World Alzheimer’s Day to increase public awareness of dementia.
Following are the aims and agenda:
- To increase the awareness of dementia in Ipoh and to seek early intervention.
- To raise funds to run the Dementia Daycare programme from Monday to Friday 8am-5pm amounting to RM9000-RM10,000 monthly.
- To provide daycare services for people with dementia and to offer respite for caregivers.
- Date: 24 September 2017
- Venue: Sart/End – Polo Ground, Ipoh
- Warming up: 6.15am-6.45am
- Start of Memory Walk: 7am
- End of Memory Walk: 8am
- Lucky Draws: 8am-8.30am
- Refreshments for participants: 8.30am-9am
- Dementia screening/health checks: 9am-10am
- End: 11am
RULES & REGULATIONS
- This walk is open to adults, college and secondary school students.
- Entry fee — RM20
- Free T-shirt will be given to all participants and are required to be worn on the day of the walk.
- All participants must register themselves before 7am on the day of the walk at Polo Ground.
- Those wearing ‘Memory Walk 2017’ T-shirts only are eligible for a lucky draw coupon.
April Loh: 019 571 2738
Dementia Daycare: 05 241 1691 (office hours only)