A total of 14 NGOs, led by Malaysian Fo Guang Buddhist Association Ipoh Branch (BLIA), Kiwanis Club of Bandaraya Ipoh and Perak Kwan Yin Tong, are joining forces for the first time for a blood donation campaign to be held on Saturday, June 6 from 10am to 4pm at Organisasi Ugama Buddha Negeri Perak along Jalan Kampar (next to KinderJoy).
Aimed to increase the blood reserve for the Ipoh Blood Bank in view of the current severe shortage, the Ipoh General Hospital (GH) as the main coordinator of this campaign will take all the precautionary measures with nurses to be equipped with full protective gear.
Necessary safety steps will be implemented during the campaign. For instance, body temperature will be measured at the entrance, hand sanitizer will be provided and face mask will be given to the donors. The hall will be sanitized according to proper procedure before and after the campaign.
The organiser will assign assistants to monitor and control the situation during the campaign to ensure all donors follow the SOP set by the authorities to prevent overcrowding. Social distancing will be strictly implemented.
The campaign’s person in charge, Andy encourages the public to participate in this event to give the gift of life to someone in need in the community. For more info, Andy can be reached at 019 4491368.
Jointly organised by:
- Organisasi Ugama Buddha Negeri Perak
- Kiwanis Club of Bandaraya Ipoh
- Persatuan kebajikan Yuan Man Ipoh
- Perak Taipu Association Youth
- BLIA (Malaysian Fo Guang Buddhist Association, Ipoh Branch)
- Perak Che Meng Khor
- Perak Kwan Yin Tong
- Perak Han Kang Kong Hoey (Youth)
- International Association of Human Values
- Perak Kheng Khiau Shin Hou She
- Lions Club of Ipoh Mandarin
- Lions Club of Ipoh Midtown
- Perak Chinese Assembly Hall Youth
- Perak Kaying Association Youth