Perak state assembly members (ADUN) from the Perikatan Nasional (PN) coalition will be contributing 50 percent of their three-month salaries to be channeled into the COVID-19 Disaster Trust Fund.
This was announced by the chairman of the state-level PN coalition cum ADUN for Chenderiang constituency, Dato’ Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu in a statement dated today (June 3).
“This is a form of our concern towards issues faced by countless Perakeans due to the pandemic.
“As such, nine of us, myself included as a member of the Malaysian United Indegenous Party (BERSATU), are cutting our three-month salaries by half starting this month until August and the remaining amount will be channeled into the trust fund,” he said.
The state-level PN coalition comprise members from BERSATU and the Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS), which are:
- Razman Zakaria (ADUN Semanggol) (PAS)
- Dato’ Zainol Fadzi Paharudin (ADUN Sungai Manik) (BERSATU)
- Mohd Akmal Kamarudin (ADUN Selama) (PAS)
- Dato’ Nolee Ashilin Mohamed Radzi (ADUN Tualang Sekah) (BERSATU)
- Dato’ Abdul Yunus Jamahari (ADUN Kuala Kurau) (BERSATU)
- Khalil Yahaya (ADUN Kubu Gajah) (PAS)
- Paul Yong Choo Kiong (ADUN Tronoh) (BERSATU)
- Sivasubramaniam Athinarayanan (ADUN Buntong) (BERSATU)
“Hopefully, the fight against COVID-19 ends as soon as possible,” Ahmad Faizal expressed.
Previously, the Menteri Besar of Perak, Dato’ Saarani Mohamad announced that his three-month salary from June to August this year, along with those of the executive councillors’ line-up, will be contributed to the trust fund.