CommunityNEWS

Man injured in LPG store fire

By Balqis Jazimah Zahari
Photo: Bomba Perak

AYER TAWAR: A 50-year-old man was injured with burns on the inside of a gas storage store fire in Kampung Columbia here today.

The assistant director of the Fire and Rescue Operations Division of Perak JBPM, Mohamadul Ehsan Mohd Zain, said his side received a call at 12.27pm informing about the incident before team rushed to the location.

“The fire involved a storage for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), 80 percent of which was destroyed by fire.

“There is an adult male victim who is the owner of the premises who was reportedly involved and suffered burns on his legs and hands,” he said in a statement here tonight.

Mohamadul Ehsan said, the operation commander ordered members to extinguish using a 200′ 1 ​​breeching hose stream and two water jets sourced from machinery tanks.

“While the members of Balai Bomba dan Penyelamat (BBP) Manjung carried out the extinguishing using a 100′ hose stream sourced from the machinery’s tank water and a team of Pasukan Bomba Sukarela (PBS) Ayer Tawar team were present to help distribute water (relay pumping) to BBP Manjung machinery,” he said.

He said that the Operation Commander was conducted by the Head of BBP Ayer Tawar, Khairul Basri Sulaiman, the entire operation ended at 3.45pm.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Close
Back to top button