By Aida Aziz
Photo: APM Perak
IPOH: The number of flood victims in the state of Perak recorded a downward trend as of 2pm on Friday with 38 victims from 16 families in Batang Padang.
A spokesman for the Perak State Disaster Operations Control Center (PKOB) in a statement said that two of the three temporary evacuation centers (PPS), which are at the People’s Hall of Kampung Simpang Halt, Taiping and Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Sungai Jernih, Selama were closed at 12.30 this afternoon.
He also said that there is still one PPS opened at Balai Raya Kampung Klah, Batang Padang with 38 victims.
“Previously there were three districts that were affected by the floods, which is in Taiping, Selama and Batang Padang, but it was reduced to only one.
“The number of victims went from 123 to only 38 people for now and there is only one PPS that is still operating,” he said today.
Storms are predicted to occur in the afternoon in several districts including Larut, Matang and Selama (LMS), Manjung, Perak Tengah, Hilir Perak and Batang Padang while rain is predicted to hit several districts including Kampar, Hulu Perak and Kerian.