By VWSL & Wern Sze Gill
If one is not familiar with this area (Taman Mas), one could easily miss this food court. Hidden behind bamboo plants, even the name does not suggest a food court. This longish building houses quite a number of food stalls and just like any modern food court has a ‘high tech’ system to order drinks.
Some of the food that can be found here are:
- Curry Mee has a generous serving of ingredients, comprising: chicken, char siew, tofu pok, cockles, ju pei (pork skin) – RM4.50
- Chicken Rice with a big bowl of decent soup to go with it – RM3.70
- Chee Cheong Fun – RM2.80, and with curry ju pei – RM3.80
- Fried Koay Teow has enough wok hei (smoking flavour) – RM4
- Hor Hee – RM3.80 (sell wholesale too)
- Wat Tan Hor has wok hei too – RM5
- Wonton Mee – RM3.30 and RM4.20 with char siew; wontons have a generous filling
- Pan Mee – RM3.30
- Coffee – RM1.50 (hot) and RM1.80 (cold)
- Leong Sui – RM1.50
Aker Restaurant Sdn Bhd
Plot 1-4, Lebuh Sg Pari, Taman Mas, 31400 Ipoh.
Opens from 7am till midnight everyday.