Community based organisations, non-profit organisations, school communities and universities delivering projects concerning river and water conservation are invited to apply for funding from The National River Care Fund (NRCF) – Small Grant Programme.
Initiated by the Global Environment Centre, NRCF is a start-up grant or operation grants of RM2000 to RM5000 per project for the following categories:
- Awareness raising and community participation activities;
- Riverine biodiversity conservation/habitat creation/river conservation and protection;
- River audit or pollution monitoring;
- River restoration or rehabilitation;
- Sustainable livelihood focusing on river conservation;
- Promote best practices for pollution reduction; and
- RIVER Ranger/SMART Ranger/Island Ranger/DrH20 Programme.
“The National River Care Fund – Small Grant Programme is a great opportunity for CBOs, NGOs and learning institution communities to demonstrate the best management practices in Malaysia to support establishment and sustainability of community based water and river care programme in Malaysia. We believe this initiative will motivate our community in becoming a river care society” said Dato’ Ir. Lim Chow Hock, Chair of National River Care Fund Advisory Committee.
The Small Grant Programme is now open for applications, closing June 1. Applications must be submitted through the grant online form available on GEC website. For more details about eligibility criteria, visit www.gec.org.my.