The Ipoh sub-district has been placed under the CMCO from January 7 till 20. A statement released by the Kinta District and Land Office dated January 7 provides the following guidelines for residents to identify the areas involved:
- Taman Botani: Area of Jalan Botani facing SJK(C) Bandar Seri Botani bordering Mukim Sg. Raia, RC Flying site bordering Mukim Sg. Terap and Jalan Harmoni 3 bordering Lahat sub-district
- Area of Medan Kit Roundabout heading towards Lahat sub-district
- Overhead bridge near the entry of Ipoh North Toll Plaza near Meru Fire Station (Balai Bomba Meru)
- Area of Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun Roundabout
- Sultan Abdul Jalil Roundabout near Civil Defence Force Office and 2nd Brigade
- Area nearby Jalan Raja Musa Mahadi, Sekolah Izzuddin Shah
- Masjid Paloh at Jalan Datoh
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Perempuan Methodist; Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun (formerly known as Jalan Kampar)
- Silibin Roundabout heading towards Buntong
- Area of Puncak Jelapang
For more details on the names of affected streets and neighbourhoods, readers can refer to the following map of Ipoh sub-district via this link: https://qgiscloud.com/organisasicovid/PKPB_SUB-MUKIM_IPOH/
Meanwhile, here’s a summary of the relevant SOPs as announced by the state health department on January 8:
- Travels within a CMCO area or into other areas placed under CMCO and RMCO are allowed.
- Travels into areas placed under EMCO requires police permission.
- The number of passengers in a private vehicle is to follow vehicle capacity. However, individuals of higher risk and children are not encouraged to go to public, open and crowded settings.
- Public transport services like buses, ferries, planes, taxis and e-hailing vehicles are allowed to operate according to the operational times stated in license according to vehicle capacity.
- Food delivery services are allowed to operate from 6am till 12am.
- Supermarkets, shopping malls and retail stores are allowed to operate in accordance with SOPs from 6am till 12 midnight.
- Restaurants, food stalls / shops, food trucks, roadside hawkers, food courts, food kiosks, grocery shops and convenience shops are allowed to operate from 6am till 12am following food sector SOPs.
- Restaurants and food establishments are allowed to operate from 6am till 12am (license terms apply) for dine-ins (with 1-metre distancing between customers according to table size), takeaway, delivery or drive-through following the food sector SOPs.
- Daily markets, wholesale markets, farmers’ markets, night markets and late night bazaars are to operate in accordance with operational times stated in license / permit up till 12am under the supervision of authorities or RELA (The People’s Volunteer Corps) members .
- Petrol stations may operate from 6am till 12am except for petrol stations on highways which are allowed to operate 24 hours.
- Laundries are allowed to operate starting 6am till 12am.
- Government and private clinics and hospitals are allowed to operate for 24 hours.
- Pharmacies and drug stores are allowed to operate starting 8am till 12am.
- Business events involving meetings, conventions and exhibitions are allowed at 50% capacity of premises with physical distancing, compulsory mask-wearing and following the CMCO MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) SOPs.
- Tourism and cultural activities (at zoos, farms, aquariums, edutainment centres, recreational parks,extreme / adventure / nature parks, museums, libraries, art galleries and theme parks etc) are allowed at 50% capacity of premises with physical distancing, compulsory mask-wearing and following relevant SOPs.
- Face-to-face meetings for official / work affairs held at offices, hotels and other institutions are allowed with physical distancing, compulsory mask-wearing and at only 50% capacity of the meeting room.
- Night club or pub activities
- Cinema activities
- Concerts or live events with audience present
- Any activities which may result in many people gathering at a spot to the point of making physical distancing difficult
To learn more, visit the state health department official Facebook page. On the other hand, the Kinta District and Land Office can be reached at 05 366 1204.