The Ministry of Education (MOE) Malaysia announced that face-to-face schooling sessions slated to start January 20 (Wednesday) nationwide will only involve examination candidates of year 2020.
The decision was agreed upon after a discussion between MOE with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Security Council (MKN), following the latest cumulative number of COVID-19 cases today (January 16) and the worrying trend of case increment lately.
According to a statement issued by MOE, exam candidates of year 2020 comprise students sitting for:
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) (Malaysian Certificate of Education)
- Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) (Malaysian Vocational Certificate)
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) (Malaysian Skills Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) (Malaysian Higher School Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) (Malaysian Higher Religious Certificate)
- Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) (Malaysian Vocational Diploma)
- equivalent international examinations
All primary and secondary Form 1 to Form 5 students will follow lessons via teaching and learning at home (PdPR) subject to teachers and students’ suitability beginning January 20.