Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chops With Rice
By Margarita Lee
Ingredients for pork chops:
- 6 pcs Boneless pork chop
- 100g Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Cooking oil
Marinade for pork chop:
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Clean and wipe dry the pork chops. Pound both sides of the meat with the back of a knife or a meat tenderiser.
- Mix the pork chops with the marinade ingredients and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Dip all the marinated pork in the beaten eggs and coat each side with flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the pork chops on the skillet.
- Sear on one side until the pork chops are golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes. Flip and sear the other side until golden brown or cooked. Set aside.
Ingredients for fried rice:
- 5 cups Cooked rice
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the beaten eggs and scramble them for about a minute. Transfer the eggs to a dish. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil to a wok over high heat, then add in cooked rice. Cook for several minutes, until rice is heated through.
- Add the soy sauce, then a pinch of white pepper and salt to taste. Pour in the scrambled eggs and mix well. Place the rice in an oven-proof ceramic casserole.
Ingredients for Tangy Tomato Sauce:
- 3 Large tomatoes, sliced
- 6 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200ml Chicken stock or water
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100g Grated mozzarella cheese
- 50g Grated cheddar cheese
- Heat up the pan, sauté garlic and onion until aromatic. Add in the butter and sieve in the flour .
- Add the chicken stock or water and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the sliced tomatoes, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce, then the cooked pork chops.
- Spread sauce mixture over fried rice. Spread grated mozzarella cheese and grated cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 220℃ for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden.
Check out more of Margarita’s recipes on her FB @ Umummy Food