Menteri Besar Dato’ Saarani Mohamad leads the list of recipients of awards, honours and medals in conjunction with Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah’s 65th birthday celebration today.
He is bestowed with the “Darjah Seri Paduka Mahkota Perak (SPMP)” which carries the title of “Datuk Seri”.
State legal adviser, Azmir Shah Zainal Abidin has received the “Darjah Paduka Cura Si Manja Kini” which carries the title “Datuk”.
There are a total of 13 recipients of “Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Perak (DPMP)” which also carries the title “Datuk” and four recipients of “Darjah Dato’ Pahlawan Taming Sari (DPTS)” which carries the title “Datuk Pahlawan”.
Orang Kaya Bendahara Seri Maharaja, General (Rtd) Tan Sri Mohd Zahidi Zainuddin explained that besides 19 recipients of the titles of “Datuk Seri” and “Datuk”, another 173 individuals are recipients of other awards, honours and medals.
There are nine recipients of “Darjah Paduka Cura Si Manja Kini (PCM)”; 23 recipients of “Darjah Paduka Mahkota Perak (PMP)”; eight recipients of “Darjah Ahli Cura Si Manja Kini (ACM)”; 44 recipients of “Darjah Ahli Mahkota Perak (AMP)”; 47 recipients of “Pingat Pekerti Terpilih (PPT)”; 33 recipients of “Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (PJK)” and nine recipients of “Pingat Lama Perkhidmatan (PLP)”.
According to him, the recipients this year are limited to those who are truly eligible and have fulfilled the set criteria only.
“The awards and medals bestowed this year are also focused on frontliners who have sacrificed a lot of time and energy to fight the COVID-19 pandemic especially in the state.
“It is hoped to boost the spirits and morale of the frontliners in their effort of ensuring the safety of Perakeans,” he said.
The investiture ceremony of the first series will be held on November 14 at the Balairong Seri of Istana Iskandariah in Kuala Kangsar.
The ceremony will involve 19 recipients of the year 2020 and 19 recipients of the year 2021.
The list of highlighted recipients of the year 2021 is as follows:
Darjah Seri Paduka Mahkota Perak (SPMP)
- Menteri Besar, Dato’ Saarani Mohamad
Darjah Paduka Cura Si Manja Kini (DPCSM)
- State Legal Adviser, Azmir Shah Zainal Abidin
Darjah Dato’ Paduka Mahkota Perak (DPMP)
- State Education Director, Dr Mohd Suhaimi Mohamed Ali
- Director-general of the Department of Chemistry Malaysia, Mohamed Zaini Abdul Rahman
- Deputy State Secretary (Management), Nor Sham Rahman
- CEO of Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), Arham Abdul Rahman
- Paediatric Specialist Consultant of Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun, Dr. Jeyaseelan a/l P. Nachiappan.
- Deputy Director-general of Management for the Research Division of the Prime Minister’s Department, Abd. Halim Ashaari
- State Customs Director, Dr. Mohamad Saprin
- Head of the Neurological Division of Universiti Malaya, Prof. Dr. Goh Khean Jin
- Director & Specialist Consultant of Child and Youth Psychiatry of Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta, Dr. Norhayati Nordin.
- Berita Harian Group Editor, Saidon Idris;
- Director of State Forestry Department, Datuk Mohamed Zin Yusop
- Orang Besar Jajahan Bagan Datuk, Toh Seri Lela Paduka Prof. Dr Khalid Ismail
- State Head of Protocol and Ceremonies, Toh Jana Pahlawan SAC (Rtd) Abu Bakar Romlee.
Darjah Dato’ Pahlawan Taming Sari (DPTS)
- Chief of Perak Criminal Investigation Department, SAC Anuar Othman
- Marine Region Two Commander, Laksamana Muda Rusli Ahmad
- Chief of Staff of Air Operations Command Headquarters, Maj. Gen. Felix Gonsalvez a/l Alexander
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon of the Lumut Army Hospital, Brig. Gen. Dr. Musa Kasmin.
Click here for the full list of recipients.