A teenage girl had to be rushed to the hospital due to respiratory issues after her house in Jalan Taman Shantin, Pasir Puteh caught fire yesterday afternoon.
The incident happened at 4pm and involved three houses.
A spokesman for the Fire and Rescue Department of Malaysia, Perak said they received a call regarding the incident at 4.04pm yesterday.
He said members from the Pasir Puteh Fire and Rescue Station (BBP), along with BBP Ipoh, BBP Pekan Baru and Menglembu Volunteer Fire Brigade rushed to the location.
“The fire involved three class A houses, each measuring 18×60.
“House no. 40 suffered 80 percent damage from the fire, house no. 42 suffered 70 percent and house no. 38 suffered 10 percent.
“A teenage girl from the third house suffered from shortness of breath as a result of the fire,” he said in a statement.
He added that the victim was then given first response treatment by the fire department and then taken to Ipoh Hospital for further action.
The operation led by Senior Assistant Fire Superintendent Mohd Fadzeli Che Hussin ended at 6.47 pm.
by Rosli Mansor Ahmad Razali