CommunityNEWS

MBI Issues Notice to Owner of Overgrown Land in Jelapang

By: Aida Aziz

IPOH: The Ipoh City Council (MBI) has issued a Notice Requiring the Removal of Nuisance under Section 82 of the Local Government Act 1976 following reports of overgrown bushes at a private lot in Lorong 8 Tambahan Baru, Jelapang.

MBI said the notice was issued on May 11, and if the person who issued it (OKN) fails to comply within the stipulated period after receiving it, the case will be referred to the council’s contractor for cleaning.

“MBI has taken note of complaints regarding an overgrown private lot in Jelapang, which was reported to pose a risk as a breeding ground for venomous animals and disease-carrying insects.

“If the individual fails to comply with the directive within the stipulated period after the notice is received, the case will be referred for cleaning action by the council’s contractor.

“All cleaning costs incurred will be charged to the OKN’s assessment account in accordance with the relevant provisions.

“However, the OKN’s representative has been contacted and informed us that they will take action to clean the lot within one week,” it said.

MBI added that it will continue monitoring the matter to ensure appropriate action is taken for the safety, comfort and well-being of local residents.

Previously, Ipoh Echo / Peraktastic reported complaints from local residents facing issues with venomous animals, such as snakes, frequently entering their homes due to the overgrown vacant lot.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button