Road users passing by Jalan Jalong at Sungai Siput yesterday, July 4, were shocked when a car by the roadside caught fire.
The incident took place at 12.30 in the afternoon at a site near to Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Muhibbah.
According to the fire and rescue department spokesperson, an emergency call was received at 12.51pm.
Thereafter, a team of personnel from the Sungai Siput Fire and Rescue Department rushed to the scene.
“The Chevrolet Cruze, estimated to be worth RM118,000, was burnt with 40% damage. No victims related to the fire have been reported. The crew used the hose reel to completely extinguish the flame,” the spokesperson stated.
The operation led by Mohd Fauzi Hashim ended at 1.24pm.