UPDATE (December 13): The event will be postponed to January 9, 2021 in light of the persisting high Covid numbers in Perak.
Sharpened Word (SW) wants to end the year 2020 with a bang and in a merry note, and with that they are staging Talent Time with the theme ‘Ode to Old Ipoh’ on 19 December 2020 at 22 Hale Street, Ipoh, from 2.30 to 5.00pm.
Tourism Perak is gracious enough to sponsor cash prizes worth up to RM1500 to winners of Talent Time. Participation is open to all from ages fifteen and above and participants can showcase their talent in various disciplines, subject to the conditions of the venue and Talent Time rules and regulations.
SW encourages all Ipohites and Perakians (as well as visitors from other states but places are limited) to take part and come enjoy this social and cultural event. Bearing the CMCO in mind, the event will be postponed if CMCO is extended in Perak.
Venue: 22 Hale Street Ipoh Old Town
Date: [POSTPONED TO 9 JANUARY 2021]
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All genders and talents are welcome, minimum age 15 years. Participants below the age of 18 must have written consent from parents or guardians.
- Due to time constraints, we can only allow a maximum of 15 performances for the event.
- For group participation, only a maximum of three members is allowed due to space constraints.
- Participants are encouraged to pre-register their interest via FB Messenger. Please provide your name(s), date of birth, mobile number and email, plus a short description of your performance.
- Registration fee is RM10 per participant, payable on the day of the event.
- Walk-in registration is possible provided there are still empty slots available before the cut-off time at 1:30pm on the day of the event.
- Participants are allowed to do a sound check and survey the stage two hours before the event. The show will start at 2.30pm.
- Each participant is given a 3-minute stage time. All prolonged performance will be penalised in points by the panel of judges.
- Participants who require background music for their session are required to provide the organiser with a flash drive/USB in mp3 format, or bring their own instruments.
- All performances should avoid topics that involve politics, sex, religion and animal stunts.