By Koon Yew Yin
At my age of 88 years, I am still learning new things every day. I have seen so much that very few things can really surprise me. Sometimes when I cannot control my own ego, I do not like to consider other people’s opinions and therefore cannot learn anything new.
Whenever I post any articles, I notice very few people disagree with me, and thus I do not learn anything new. Please don’t be afraid to express your opinions so that we can discuss to find a mutually accepted answer.
Lifelong learning helps people make their life more interesting and be more effective in helping others. Over the years, I have learned so many things which I would like to share with you.
Albert Einstein’s quotes:
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
I am no Einstein but here are some of my own personal observations:
- Your body can achieve what your mind believes.
- Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead; if you lose, you can guide.
- People are not what they say but what they do; so judge them not from their words but from their actions.
- When someone hurts you, don’t feel bad because it’s a law of nature that the tree that bears the sweetest fruits gets the most number of stones thrown at it.
- In this world, there will always be people who will throw stones on the path of your success. It depends on what you make from them – a wall or a bridge.
- Challenges make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful.
- There is no joy in victory without running the risk of defeat.
- A path without obstacles leads nowhere.
- The past is a nice place to visit but certainly not a good place to stay. You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.
- If what you did yesterday still looks big to you, then you haven’t done much today.
- If you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
- If you don’t climb the mountain; you can’t view the plain.
- Your brain is like a muscle; use it or lose it.
- You are not paid for having a brain, you are only rewarded for using it intelligently.
- It is not what you lack that limits you; it is what you have but don’t know how to use.
- What you fail to learn might teach you a lesson.
- The difference between a corrupt person and an honest person is: the corrupt person has a price while the honest person has a value.
- If you succeed in deceiving someone, don’t think that the person is a fool. Realize that the person trusted you much more than you deserved.
- Honesty is an expensive gift; don’t expect it from cheap people.