Covid numbers are once again on the rise as of late, and it’s now more important than ever to keep doing our part to help curb the spread of the disease. Avoid going out unless absolutely necessary and always adhere to SOPs and practice social distancing.
Here’s another recipe from Margarita to try at home in the meantime.
Cantonese Stir-fried Milk (大良炒鲜奶)
By Margarita Lee
- 200ml Full cream fresh milk
- 100ml Thickened cream
- 150ml Egg whites
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch or Potato starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- 5 pcs Scallops (sliced into discs)
- 5 Medium size prawns (sliced into discs)
- 1 tbsp Green peas
- 1 tbsp Fish roe
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Season prawn and scallop discs with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Pan-fry pine nuts in a wok for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Blitz Ingredients A in a blender for 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a wok, stir-fry scallops and prawns for 1 minute. Then add in green peas and stir well. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium flame and add in the rest of the oil.
- Stir the milk mixture before pouring into the pan. Lower the heat and use a spatula to scrape and fold the mixture in one direction until the milk gradually solidifies and can be formed. Add in the pre-cooked prawns, scallops and green peas halfway through.
- Dish out and garnish with fish roe and pine nuts.
Check out more of Margarita’s recipes on her FB @ Umummy Food!