Pandan Rolled Coconut Crepes (Kuih Dadar)
By Margarita Lee
- 200g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Melted butter
- 250ml Coconut milk
- 250ml Pandan juice (Blend 12 pieces pandan leaves)
- Oil for greasing the crepe pan
Method for Preparing and Cooking the Crepe:
- Add Ingredients A into a large mixing bowl. Fold the mixture until it is well integrated. Do not overmix.
- Sift the batter to remove any lumps and let it rest in the fridge for roughly 30 minutes.
- Grease a 6 inch non-stick skillet with oil using a paper towel, then pour one ladleful of batter into the middle of the pan and swirl the pan to cover the base with batter.
- Cook for approximately 1 minute or until the edges can be easily lifted with a spatula.
- Flip the crepe and cook for a further 20 seconds.
- Transfer the crepe to a large plate to cool. Repeat this process with the remaining batter. Remember to stir the batter each time.
- 100g Gula melaka (palm sugar)
- 30g Brown sugar
- 200g White grated coconut
- 50ml Coconut milk
- 2 knotted Pandan leaves
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch + ½ tbsp Water
Method for the Filling:
- Cut gula melaka into small pieces. Dissolve the gula melaka and brown sugar in coconut milk.
- Add in the grated coconut and pandan leaves, then stir well for 2-3 minutes or until the grated coconut is well coated.
- Thicken with cornstarch water, stir well. Dish out and set aside for later use.
- Place pandan crepe on a clean work surface. Place 1 tbsp of coconut filling near the edge of the lower half of the crepe. Fold the bottom part over and fold both sides to the middle and roll up to enclose the filling. Place seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining crepes.
- Serve immediately.
Check out more of Margarita’s recipes on her FB @ Umummy Food