CommunityFeaturedNEWSTrending

MCO 3.0: Additional Restrictions to the Existing SOPs

By Mei Kuan

Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, Senior Minister (Security Cluster) via a live media conference today (May 22) announced additional restrictions to the existing SOPs of MCO 3.0 which have been implemented from May 12 in order to reduce the movement of people.

The following additional restrictions are to be effective throughout the Peninsular including Labuan beginning May 25:

  • In the government sector, 80% of staff members are required to work from home, with the remaining 20% to work in the office—details to be announced by the Chief Secretary. For the private sector, 40% of staff members are required to work from home—details to be announced by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
  • The passenger capacity of public transport such as buses will be reduced to 50%.
  • The operation hours of the economic sector is also limited to 8am till 8pm for food shops, food stalls, grocery stores, shops selling daily necessities, laundries, optical shops, petrol stations and shopping malls, with the exception of pharmacies which are allowed to operate from 8am till 10pm. 

Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, Health Director-General, who was also present at the joint media conference, urged all to practise self lockdown for two weeks in order to break the chain of COVID-19 transmission.

 

===========================

Get your local news fast. Download the Ipoh Echo App on your mobile. Available on both Google Playstore and Apple Appstore.

Tags
Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close