AIESEC in UTAR proudly announced that the YouthSpeak Forum 2021: Unleash Your True Potential programme has successfully been conducted in October 2021 with 184 registrations and an overall satisfaction rating of 8.87 out of 10 from attendees. This milestone is a major step forward for AIESEC in UTAR in its mission to unleash youths’ true potential and unite them to strive for societal impact in the Perak community.
For this event, ReSkills was the main partner of AIESEC in UTAR in making it a success. With their beliefs and values aligned, AIESEC in UTAR and ReSkills aimed to help upskill the youth in terms of leadership, soft skills and many more.
This partnership came in the wake of many recent initiatives and accomplishments of AIESEC in UTAR, including:
- Keynote Session: Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Key Takeaways: Self-awareness is crucial for personal development. You benefit by being proactive rather than reactive, making better decisions, and improving your interpersonal communication.
- Keynote Session: Stress and Anxiety in Academic Journey
- Key Takeaways: Stress and anxiety are real, but most of the time we let them consume us and we even pay with our health. Learn more about mental health and how you can practise self-care, in simple ways.
- Keynote Session: To be A World Citizen
- Key Takeaways: Differentiate between leader and leadership. Understand world issues and start taking action!
- Workshop: Upskilling in Two Hours: Utilising for Job Hunting!
- Key Takeaways: Employers are not interested in your merits, they are only interested in the problems you can solve for them. Tell them how you will do this in your LinkedIn profile, banner and content!
- Workshop: Upskilling in Two Hours: Use Problem Solving Skills to Solve Problems!
- Key Takeaways: Learn to apply the problem-solving cycle and use SWOT when you are analysing a problem. Be aware of other things to consider when solving a problem and give it a go!
- Panel Discussion: Why Self-Acceptance and Self-Confidence?
- Key Takeaways: Get a mentor to guide you and establish rapport with people who are also possible mentors and seniors; be in touch with them to contribute to your own growth. And always say ‘I’m Sorry, Please Forgive Me, Thank You, I love You’ to yourself.
Here are some insights from one of AIESEC in UTAR’s delegates, Shabeena Yohanes A/P Stevenraj, about the YouthSpeak Forum: Unleash Your True Potential event:
“YSF was an excellent initiative organized by AIESEC in UTAR to prepare and equip university students with the necessary skills required of them when entering the working world. I find all the keynote sessions and workshops extremely beneficial as they did not just focus on the technical skills required for a job, but also emphasised on emotional and mental well-being. The speakers delivered their programmes with genuine concern to see students succeed, which I find motivating. Personally, YSF has taught me to embrace my strengths and weaknesses and not take failures as discouragements, but as something that drives me to move forward. I learnt that no one struggles alone and surrounding ourselves with like-minded people who want to grow inspires us to become better versions of ourselves”.
About AIESEC in UTAR
AIESEC in UTAR is a global platform for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential. They are a non-political, independent, not-for-profit organization run by students and recent graduates of institutions of higher education. They provide youth leadership development opportunities through cultural exchanges to allow them to step out of their comfort zones.
To learn more about AIESEC in UTAR’s initiatives, click here.
ReSkills connects aspiring adult learners to Master Coaches via interactive, real-time online courses. Their learners achieve deeper understanding and mastery of the subject-matter because they are able to analyze and apply the lessons learnt in deeply engaging, coach-led case studies and role-playing sessions. Download the ‘ReSkills’ application and register by using the referral code ‘ReSkills’.
To learn more about ReSkills’ initiatives, click here.