Health is one of the most important things in life and should not be taken lightly and for granted. And when we do fall ill as we sometimes do, we will want to look for someone or a place that offers the services which we can trust and feel comfortable with.
At Perak Community Specialist Hospital (PCSH), it strives to create an environment that helps ease your worries and places you right on the road to recovery – so that you can get back on your feet again.
Being a not-for-profit hospital, the PCSH is committed to provide the best yet affordable healthcare for all in the community. Patients can be rest assured that their health problems will be well taken care of and will not be burdened by the hospital bill at the end of the day.
Established in 1904, the hospital has most certainly come a long way. Since evolving from being purely a maternity hospital to what it is today – a multi-disciplinary specialist hospital well regarded by the community, patients have found that many of its services are available through a network of Resident Consultants backed by teams of paramedics and modernised facilities in different departments.
Operating Theatre & Surgical Team
At PCSH, there are two well-equipped operating theatres to cater to all kinds of surgeries and the surgeons in PCSH are highly experienced in the management of a wide range of conditions, from orthopaedic to obstetric & gynecological, urological, colorectal and general surgical cases. The two experienced Resident Anesthesiologists and a team of trained staff nurses with post basic are always present to help with surgical procedures.
Common Surgical Services Offered in PCSH include:
- Trauma / Fractures, Joint Disorder / Disease
- General Orthopaedic, Carpal Tunnel Release, Trigger Finger Release
- Spine Diseases / Surgery, Sports & Ligament injuries
- Ligament reconstruction surgery, Hallus Valgus / Bunion surgery
- Meniscus Repair, Cartilage Procedures
- Joints Arthroplasty (Hip / Knee Replacement)
- Arthroscopic surgery (knee & shoulder)
- Minimally invasive surgery (spine, gynecological, etc)
- Caesarean Sections Deliveries
- Thyroidectomy, Mastectomy / Breast Lump
- Bowel Cancer / Prolapse Surgery
- Appendectomy, All types of hernia, Hemorrhoids and Perianal Conditions
- Removal of Lumps / Bumps
- Gastric Cancer Surgeries
- Ureteroscopy, Retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS)
- Percutaneous nephrostolithotomy or nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
The Perak Community Specialist Hospital’s management and employees are committed to provide and maintain the high standards of medical care and at reasonable costs so that your family and you can worry less and focus on living healthily, because after all, life is to be lived –and we want you to enjoy every moment of it.
Perak Community Specialist Hospital is located at 277 Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun (Jalan Kampar), 30250 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan.
Call them at 05 241 9000 or visit www.pcsh.com.my for more info.