Although it’s no more MCO and many of us are more or less back to our previous routines, we are still highly encouraged to stay home when we can. Here’s another recipe for the home cooks who would like to try their hands on something new!
Sticky Rice with Mangoes
by Margarita Lee
- 3 Ripe mangoes
- 3 cups Glutinous rice
- 3 cups Coconut milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 Pandan (Screwpine) leaves
- Rinse and drain the glutinous rice. Soak rice in water for 3 to 5 hours.
- In a double steamer, bring water to a boil, then add in 2 pandan leaves.
- Lay a piece of muslin or banana leaves over the upper tier.
- Pour in the glutinous rice.
- Steam for 10 minutes on high heat. Open the lid of the steamer and stir the glutinous rice.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Steam for another 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add in ¼ cup of water, sugar, salt and pandan leaves.
- Bring it to a boil. Add in coconut milk.
- Simmer coconut mixture till thick.
- Mix in ⅓ of the coconut sauce into the cooked glutinous rice.
- Serve the glutinous rice with cut mangoes and coconut sauce.
Check out more of Margarita’s recipes on her FB @ Umummy Food !