Appointment of the remaining five Perak state executive councillors (Excos) are subject to decree by HRH Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah.
Menteri Besar of Perak, Dato’ Saarani Mohamad said so when the media queried if members from Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) Perak will be among those to be appointed as Excos.
“The five empty portfolios will be filled in when the timing’s right, but as the MB, I could only suggest names of the state assembly members to be made Excos.
“Only Sultan Nazrin has the right of consent to the suggestions and appointments, then the swearing-in can take place,” he told reporters after arriving at the state secretariat building to officially commence his duties as the 14th MB yesterday (December 11).
“Even so, I’ll be looking into the portfolios, where amendments might be made to better suit the administration should any non-conformities be found based on the last nine months,” Saarani added.
In the current line-up of Excos are:
- Dato’ Zainol Fadzi Paharudin (Malaysian United Indigenous Party (Bersatu); Sungai Manik)
- Dato’ Mohd Zolkafly Harun (United Malays National Organisation (UMNO); Lintang)
- Dato’ Shahrul Zaman Yahya (UMNO; Rungkup)
- Datuk Dr Wan Norashikin Wan Noordin (UMNO; Kampong Gajah)
- Khairul Shahril Mohamed (UMNO; Bota)