By Mei Kuan
Below are the operation hours and related standard operating procedures (SOPs) of various public settings as outlined by the Ipoh City Council (MBI) effective May 12 till June 7.
- Restaurants, food shops, food stalls, food trucks, roadside vendors, mobile hawkers, food courts, hawker centres and food kiosks are allowed to operate from 6am till 10pm.
- The sale of food is allowed via takeaway, drive through or delivery from 6am till 10pm. Dine-ins are not allowed throughout the period of Movement Control Order (MCO).
- Daily markets, farmers’ markets, public markets and weekend markets can operate from 7am till 2pm with adherence to SOPs under the supervision of authorities or RELA (The People’s Volunteer Corps) members.
- Wholesale markets can operate from 12.01am till 6am and 11am till 4pm with adherence to SOPs under the supervision of authorities or RELA members.
- Memory Lane is not allowed to operate throughout the period of MCO.
- Gerbang Malam night market can operate from 6pm till 10pm with adherence to SOPs under the supervision of authorities.
- Night markets can operate from 4pm till 10pm with adherence to SOPs under the supervision of authorities or RELA members.
- Grocery shops, convenience stores, shops selling daily necessities, veterinary clinics and pet food shops are allowed to operate from 6am till 10pm.
- Laundries, self-service launderettes, optical stores, car wash centres, barbershops and hair salons (haircut services only) are allowed to operate from 6am till 10pm. Self-service launderettes have to ensure employees are present at premises following the set SOPs.
- Hospitals, clinics and medical labs can operate for 24 hours or in accordance with operation licence.
- Pharmacies and petrol stations can operate from 6am till 10pm.
The Ipoh City Council urged members of the public to keep practising the new normal. For instance, practise physical distancing of at least 1 metre radius at all times and scanning the QR code which is placed at every location of premises using the MySejahtera app. It is mandatory for employees, suppliers and customers to wear face masks correctly following recommendations of the Ministry of Health while at premises. Hand sanitisers have to be provided at entrance and ensured of its usage before entry. Children aged 12 years and below are not encouraged to be at public settings and facilities except for the purposes of emergency, medical treatment and education.