By Mei Kuan
Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob via a media statement announced several SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) relaxations for states under different phases of the National Recovery Plan (PPN).
According to the post on the official Facebook page of the National Security Council dated September 15, the loosened restrictions for states under Phase 2 are as follows:
- Operation of training institutes for the air and land transport sector is permitted.
- Preschools (tabika, taska), kindergartens (tadika), daycare centres and mind development centres are permitted to operate for children with working parents. Operators and employees of these centres must receive full vaccinations before being allowed to operate.
- Permission for fishing pond activities under the condition of full vaccination from 6am till 10pm within the same state.
- Sports and recreational activities involving physical touch at outdoor and indoor sports and recreational facilities are permitted for individuals with full vaccination – via booking, sanitisation, scheduled usage and close monitoring.
- Sports and recreational activities in teams with physical touch such as football, volleyball and others are permitted according to full capacity of the team, limited to individuals with full vaccination only and carried out at premises with full supervision.
- Individual fitness activities such as aerobics, zumba and others done in groups at the same area or premises with 50% capacity or no more than 50 people (whichever lower) for individuals with full vaccination and under the supervision of instructors / coaches are permitted.
- Cruise ships (kapal persiaran) are permitted to operate with 50% capacity – all ship crew and passengers must be fully vaccinated.
Meanwhile, the following relaxations for the economic sector are to be effective starting September 17:
- All private offices are allowed to operate with the following capacities:
- A capacity of 60% if 40% of employees have completed vaccination
- A capacity of 80% if 60% of employees have completed vaccination
- A capacity of 100% if 80% of employees have completed vaccination
- Workers’ transport with fully vaccinated passengers permitted at 100% vehicle capacity
- Furniture factories are permitted to operate
- Activities of the forestry management sector are permitted
- Meetings only, done face-to-face are permitted for individuals who have completed vaccination.
The full media statement can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/1452870318149203/posts/3745906228845589/
Prior to this, the Ministry of Domestic Trade And Consumer Affairs announced the additional sub-sectors and activities under the distributive trade sector which are permitted to resume operations under the condition of full vaccination.
According to its media statement dated September 12, the additional sub-sectors / activities allowed for states under Phase 2 are as follows:
- Shops for clothes, fashion and accessories (shoes, slippers, bags, hats, socks, watches and others) including those in departmental stores. The usage of fitting rooms is permitted. Customers are to be provided with disposable hand gloves for use.
- Sales and distribution centres of vehicles. Test drives are permitted.
- Barber shops, hairdressers and beauty salons / centres.
- Shops for cosmetics, skincare and perfume. Use of testers permitted with advice of employees.
It is subjected to strict SOPs which were released by the Ministry on September 14. Find the full list below:
For more information, industry players and members of the public can contact the Secretariat of Distributive Trade and Services Industry at 03 8882 5881 / 5905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org