By Margarita Lee
- 150g rice flour
- 50g cornflour
- 1000 ml water
- 300g yam diced
- 100g dried shrimps – cleaned, soaked, squeezed and coarsely chopped
- 2 pieces fermented beancurd/nam yee
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp five spice powder
- ½ Tsp white pepper
- 1 Tsp sugar
- ¼ cup Cooking oil
- 3-4 Tbsp roasted peanuts – crushed
- 3 stalks spring onions – chopped
- 3 Tbsp fried shallots
- 1 red chilli – finely sliced
- Mix rice flour and cornflour with water to form a smooth batter.
- Heat pan over medium heat, sauté shallots and dried shrimps until aromatic.
- Add yam, fermented bean curd, five spice powder, salt, sugar.
- Pour in flour mixture and keep stirring until it forms a thick paste.
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof plate and steam over high heat for 45 minutes, or until cooked.
- Garnish with deep-fried shallots, spring onions, sliced chillies and roasted peanuts before serve.
- Serve with chilli sauce.