By Margarita Lee
- 1 medium long eggplant – roast it until soft, remove skin
- 2 large eggs – lightly beaten and season to taste
- 50g minced pork (or beef or lamb)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes – diced
- 2 Tsp chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion – diced
- ½ Tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1 Tsp fish sauce
- Cooking oil
- 1 Tsp cornstarch with 2-3 Tsp water
- Saute garlic and onion until aromatic, add in minced pork and tomatoes.
- Add in salt & pepper and fish sauce to taste. Thicken with cornstarch. Keep aside for later use.
- Skin eggplant and gently mash the flesh with a fork. Mix with pork.
- Flatten eggplant skin and stuff with the prepared eggplant flesh and mince pork.
- Heat up about ¼ cup oil in a wok or pan until hot, gently put in the stuffed eggplant. Pour in the beaten eggs.
- Carefully flip the eggplant when edges turn a golden brown. Cook over low heat until both sides are done.
- Drain excess oil with paper towel. Serve hot with rice.