Following the current effects concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, the state government has announced today (October 19) that late compound exemptions and discount offers for public and business communities regarding land tax and premium arrears, have been extended with immediate effect until December 31, 2020.
The incentives are as below:
- Late compounds exemption of recurring land taxes for all types of ownership
- Discounts for all-at-once payment of land tax arrears:
- 30 percent discount for land taxes amounting more than RM1 million
- 25 percent discount for land taxes amounting between RM500,000 to RM999,999
- 20 percent discount for land taxes amounting below RM500,000
- 15 percent discount for installment payments of land taxes
3. Discounts for land premium arrears:
- 30 percent for premium amounting between RM3 million to RM4,999,999
- 25 percent for premium amounting between RM2 million to RM2,999,999
- 15 percent for premium amounting between RM500,000 to RM1,999,999
- 10 percent for premium below RM500,000
Land premium of RM5 million and above will require a special consideration which needs to be applied to the Perak State Executive Council (MMK).
The above discounts apply only to notices given out this year with payments to be made before December 31, 2020.