Another recipe for Hari Raya!
*This recipe is translated and reposted with permission from OResepi on Facebook.
Rendang Ayam Hijau (Green Chicken Rendang)
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 12 parts
- 250ml Coconut milk (santan)
- 2 tbsp Kerisik (toasted grated coconut)
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 pcs Asam gelugor
- 2 pcs Turmeric leaves (remove center vein and slice thinly)
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 stalks Lemongrass (sliced thinly)
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 inch Turmeric
- 1 inch Lengkuas or Galangal
- 30 Green chili padis
- 4 Green chilis
- 10 bulbs Shallots
- 1 Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- Heat oil in wok and stir-fry ground ingredients until dry and the oil separates.
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix evenly. Add santan, kerisik, asam gelugor, and salt and sugar to taste.
- Continue stirring over low heat until the gravy thickens, then add in the turmeric leaves and cook until the desired consistency.
- Dish out and serve.