Ipoh City Council Full-Board Meeting

Outcome of Ipoh City Council Full-Board Meeting held on Wednesday, April 22.

Income and Expenditure

Revenue Generation. Of the RM182.3 million budgeted for March 2015, the Council, as at the end of March 2015, generated revenue worth RM80.1 million.

Revenue Collection. A sum of RM78.6 million was collected in the month of March 2015, an increase of 6.5 per cent over the same period last year.

Expenditure. The Council has spent RM37.4 million of its projected budget. This figure represents an increase of RM3.9 million over the same period in 2014.


The Council will take action to seal business premises, including factories, for failure to settle assessment rates at the end of this month. Owners who still owe the Council in unpaid assessments are advised to settle them immediately to avoid their premises being sealed and their movable assets seized.

Ipoh City Council and the state government will absorb the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on public amenities, such as vehicle parking fees, rental of halls, playing fields, swimming complex and other associated facilities.

Suppliers and contractors are required to submit their GST registration number with supporting documents to the Council’s Supply and Procurement Unit as proof of registration with the Customs to facilitate payment.


Residents have various alternatives to lodge a complaint either at the information counter within the Council’s building or to its hotline: 05 255 1515 (office hours only) or through online complaint via: or to 019 550 3083 for WhatsApp, short message service (SMS) and multi-media messaging service (MMS).

Residents are required to submit complaints with details of the locations and photos. Incomplete details will be rejected. Action will be taken once the complaints are being processed.

From January 1 till March 31, the Council has received a total of 4,578 complaints through these applications out of which 3,838 complaints (83.8 percent) have been resolved. The remaining 740 complaints (16.2 percent) are still being processed by the Council.


Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button