As all of us are at home all of the time, either getting “cabin fever’ pacing up and down, the telly no longer charms, gardening is out of the question as you live in a flat and reading gets tedious, how about getting into the kitchen and whip up some delectables (we hope they will be!!) which are readily available and which most of my dear readers can purchase, even under the current MCO.
Preparing food and cooking is known to be a calming activity, engaging the mind as well as the body. And as cooking for the family is all that is asked for during this stressful period, I will be posting recipes here on a daily basis for you to experiment with during the days ahead.
I cajoled my dear friend Margarita Lee (Ipohite) who currently lives in Sydney and who used to contribute recipes in these pages in the early days of Ipoh Echo, to ferret in her voluminous log of recipes and share some with us. Here is one of her easy recipes:
Quick and Easy Sausage Rolls
by Margarita Lee
- 2 sheets of Frozen roti canai
- 16 pcs of Cocktail sausages
- 1 Egg yolk
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Cut the sheets of roti canai into 8 pieces.
- Put a sausage into the centre of each sheet and roll it up.
- Beat the egg yolk and apply an egg wash onto the pastry with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 180℃ for 20 minutes.