With the festive days upon us, Ipoh Echo would like to offer some more recipes for Aidilfitri. Here is yet another contribution from the wonderful Margarita Lee, guaranteed to leave your tastebuds begging for more after the very first bite!
Nyonya Curry Chicken
by Margarita Lee
- 1 Chicken
- 3 tbsp Meat curry powder
- 8 Dried chillies (softened in water)
- 2 Candlenuts
- 1 Large onion
- 3cm Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2cm Turmeric
- 10g Shrimp paste, toasted
- 2 stalks of Lemongrass
- 4 Kefir lime leaves
- 2 Pandan leaves
- 4 medium-sized Potatoes
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Cloves
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 5 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 150ml Water
- 250ml Coconut milk
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Marinate the chicken with curry powder for half an hour.
- Blend ingredients B into a smooth paste with a food processor or blender.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and curry leaves and fry over low heat. Add in blended ingredients B and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add chicken, potatoes, lemon grass, kefir lime leaves and pandan leaves and stir well. Add in water and cover with lid. Simmer over low heat until chicken and potatoes are well cooked.
- Add in coconut milk and season with salt to taste. Continue to simmer under low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes become soft and tender.
- Serve with rice or roti canai. Enjoy!
Ipoh Echo would like to wish our readers a safe, blessed and joyous Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf zahir batin.
Get your local news fast. Download the Ipoh Echo App on your mobile. Available on both Google Playstore and Apple Appstore.
Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…
Apple Appstore: https://apps.apple.com/my/app/ipoh-echo/id1498399519