Here’s another recipe from the talented Margarita for all the budding chefs emerging from the MCO!
Thai Basil Minced Pork
Pad Kra Pao
by Margarita Lee
- 300g Ground pork (20% fat)
- 50g Diced red capsicum
- 50g Diced green capsicum
- 50g Sliced onion
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 handful of Fresh Thai basil leaves
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp Lime/Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 /2 tbsp Palm sugar/ sugar
- Fried shallots
- Cut chilli
- Thai basil
- Combine Ingredients B in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add in the ground pork. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until cooked. Remove the pork but leave the oil in the pan.
- Sauté garlic with the oil until fragrant, then stir in onion, green and red capsicum. Stir well.
- Add the pork back into the wok. Stir well on high heat and add in Ingredients B.
- Add in basil and stir fry until wilted.
- Garnish with fried shallots, red chilli and basil.
- Drizzle with lime/lemon juice and serve.