Although it’s no more MCO and many of us are more or less back to our previous routines, we are still highly encouraged to stay home when we can. Here’s another recipe for the home cooks who would like to try their hands on something new!
Chilli Con Carne
by Margarita Lee
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Barbecue sauce
- 4-5 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1/2 Red capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 Yellow capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 1 Carrot
- 500g Ground beef
- 2 can Crushed tomato
- 1 can Red kidney or black beans, drained
- Sugar to taste
- 120ml Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp Paprika powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chicken stock powder
- Marinate beef with spice mix and barbecue sauce.
- Saute garlic and onion on medium heat. Add capsicums and carrot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and brown the beef.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice, tortilla chips or corn bread.