Exposed Electric Wires Pose a Threat to Public Safety

By: Zaki Salleh

IPOH: Almost a month ago, two men, including a 14-year-old teenager, lost their lives due to an electric shock at a burger stall in Taman Bercham Raya.

The incident occurred early in the morning while the victims were cleaning the burger stall with water.

This tragic event underscores the importance of electrical safety, particularly in unforeseen circumstances, and calls for immediate attention to prevent such accidents.

Therefore, Peraktastic/Ipoh Echo remains attentive to public complaints related to safety that may pose risks.

In a recent report, it was highlighted that an electric pole at the traffic signal junction of Jalan Pasir Puteh, facing open shops, has exposed electrical wires.

It is understood that this issue has persisted for a long time, raising concerns about public safety.

Even if the cable cover is stolen or subject to vandalism, it is crucial to address the problem promptly and not allow the wires to remain exposed.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button